Sunday, January 04, 2004

ROTK at last

Went to watch Return of the King at the cinema yesterday, after more than 2 weeks being shown on the big screen. Thanks to Am for making it happen. Actually he wants to 'belanja' me for my birthday. I had to leave Awi and Haziq in Kerteh (I wasn't too happy about it but I told Awi it will be just this once. Hehehe). It was good to hang out with the guys once in a while, doing something together for one day. It has been a while, I have to tell you that.

A bit on the movie. To me after you strip off the story about the ring, Gollum and Sauron, it all boils down to friendship. It's about sticking with your friend no matter what, like what the man (Hobbit) of the movie, Sam did with Frodo. Rescuing him in his moment of needs, even fighting and risking his own life. It's also about not letting your friend being left out in the limb, even though by helping him it would result in yourself being in danger. This was portrayed by Gimli and Legolas when they accompanied Aragorn into the realms of the Undead Souls. Heartwarming indeed but can we emulate such noble acts in real life?

Not sure when my next trip to the films will be. It kind of sucks because Kuantan is almost 2 hours drive away from Kerteh. I suppose Awi won't mind too much if I can just go off for a few hours to catch a movie and be back for lunch. Instead I had to be away for almost 12 hours. Hmmm, another reason to......