Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Don't You Just Hate Meetings!!

Who likes to attend meetings? It's just a time to waste time, where people talk and discuss and assign actions. At the end of it, you'll get more work to be done, on top of the work that you already are struggling to complete. I have to admit I'm struggling at the moment with the burden of work. I don't want to sacrifice the limited time I have with my family, so I try not to bring work home. And then, this week we had the 'pleasure' of a sudden appearance by people who want to wreak havoc on our already critical computer network. And we had to just drop things and attend to these people. It really sucks when you have to attend to unplanned work. I suppose I'm in the business of attending to unplanned requests and work. Everything is urgent and needs to be done yesterday. Perhaps it'd be nice to get some recognition and understanding by people that I only have two hands and one brain. It's hard enough to compartmentalise between e-punchcard system, the ZEN deployment, the network upgrade, the security system, the CEO's iPAQ and even someone's stupid Notes Mail. The work is fun but at times these people really make me mad inside and I would like to e'punch'card someone's face. :)

Sometimes I really think it must be great to have loads of money so that I don't have to work like a dog anymore and just go on a cruise or take rides in Disney World for endless times. It's not wrong to dream, right? Anyway, at the end of the day, I can just switch off the PC, get into my car, put on No Doubt 'It's My Life' at full volume and drive home at 140 km/h, which I don't think many KL people can do. Too bad. Tell me if any of you KL-lites want to switch places with me....