Sunday, January 04, 2004

Confused with Bottles

Awi put me through a series of tests today....to match Haziq's many bottles with the correct caps. I'm sure you all know about milk bottles for babies. They come in various sizes and colour, some are even branded like Mothercare and Pigeon. I suppose Awi had noticed that when preparing Haziq's milk I sometimes put the wrong caps on and when the bottle was shaken to mix the milk powder with water, some of it will spill out. Each of the bottles has its own corresponding cap, depending on brand, type of bottle and colour. At first she showed to me once the right match for all of nine bottles. During the first try, I only got three bottles correctly matched. Hehehehe, I can remember the names of all the cabinet ministers or the jersey colour of all Premiership teams, but when it really mattered, I just can't pull it through for Haziq's bottles. On my first try, I only scored 33%. Awi had set for me a passing mark of 7/9 correct matches. So, I sat down, put on my thinking cap and finally, I managed to get them all correctly matched. Hurray, I am now certified in matching Haziq's many milk bottles. I just hope Awi won't buy more bottles for him, I might have to go through a refresher course. Nevertheless, I still am not sure I'll get the bottles-cap combination correct when I am preparing milk with eyes half closed at 5 o'clock in the morning. I suppose that is why God got it right by making women to be mothers and not the men. :)