Thursday, January 01, 2004

Another New Year! Ho Hum or Hurray?

First, need to mention that yesterday was Awi's birthday. For the first time ever, I sent her flowers at the office. It's unbelievable how difficult it is to get a florist to deliver in this area. Nevertheless, the flowers reached her office, intact and she was pleasantly surprised. Even managed to envy some of her officemates. In the evening, we went to Awana for dinner, I had lamb chops and this large bowl of ais kacang. It;'s so huge, 10 people could've eaten it and it would be enough for all!! Went home around 10, caught the KLCC Countdown concert on TV, fell asleep before midnight and only woke up at 12.30 am. So, I missed all the fireworks, countdown bla bla bla. Do I sound like a sore loser? Hehehe, maybe but I just don't really care about the new year celebration. What counts is what will happen in this new year.

Oh yes, believe it or not, it's a working day here on New Year in Terengganu. I've gotten used to the idea similarly to working on Sundays. It's weird but what the hell, it's just the rules, the norm over here. So, either get used to it or leave town. I'm inclined to choose the latter option sooner than later. :)