Wednesday, March 03, 2004

2nd Day of Chicken Pox Attack

It is only Day 2 of my chicken pox illness and I'm already almost dead with boredom. Not to mention the ticklish sensation I'm feeling all over my body, especially on the back and face. The pox has appeared in the scores if not hundreds overnight. I know I have a fever but it doesn't feel like the normal feverish cold. I feel tired and sort of 'lenguh' all over. Am brought back my notebook and even though I have the PPA form to fill out, I am just not in the mood to do much about it. Overall, it sure sucks to be sick and I can't wait for this thing to blow over.

One the worst thing about having a highly contaigous illness is that you cannot get too close to other people who don't have it yet. So, it's been about 2 days and half now since I get to hold Haziq in my arms and play with him. People say the virus takes time to develop in your body, perhaps a few weeks, so theoretically, I got the chicken pox virus from someone a few weeks ago. So, Awi & Haziq are most likely to have the virus inside them already. Well, better take some precautions I suppose. Pity the young boy since he just recovered from fever and a bad cough.

Awi also has been wonderful. It's not easy to take care of a baby and at the same time someone who's down with something contagious. I mean, I can't just take care of Haziq while she's in the bathroom or praying. I can just look from afar and make sure Haziq does not play with something dangerous or fall of the bed. I don't know how she does it but then I've come to realise, mothers are one kind of people.

So, off to bed now. Still not feeling on top of the world. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.