Saturday, December 13, 2003

Departmental Joy

The department (Finance + ICM) had an internal 'feast' to celebrate the Hari Raya (what else is there to celebrate in this month?). In previous years, usually an open house was organised by the dept in which we invited colleagues from other department to attend a feast. However, we decided to have a smaller scale 'party', which I think was more enjoyable and also there was more time to enjoy all the food. Together with the event, we also celebrate our big boss (Mr Patrick) birthday which fell on that day. I wanted to join as well in contributing to the party because my birthday will be in a few day's time, so just this once, I'd like to share it with friends at work.

I really like the department in which I'm working in now. It's a considerably smaller department that the one I was attached to before, so everyone knows everyone. I can't even remember all the operators' names when I was with the Operations dept, there were too many of them. We also do things together more often among Finance & ICM staff. Earlier this year, we had a Family outing in Kuantan, which was probably my first and last time I'll be able to join. It's rather a shame because Awi and Haziq couldn't attend it because Awi had just given birth to Haziq and they're all in Awi's hometown. It'd be kind of cool to bring the whole family and take part in all the events that were organised. Add to that, the numerous times we had lunch together, there is a good sense of togetherness among us. I'm not sure that I'd find the same sort of family spirit when I move to another company and department.

So, in the meantime, might as well enjoy what I have left. I've mentioned before the good relationship that I have with my colleagues in ICM. And there were times of conflict with the people on the first floor, but it's more like a big brother-small brother kind of thing. It doesn't last and at the end of the day, we realised that everyone just wants to do their jobs well. As the saying goes, all good things will come to an end. I believe things will change for me and for us in the coming months and while I'm not afraid of change, the apprehension is still there. Who knows what will happen next?