Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Lazy Afternoon

Don't tell the boss but I'm lazing around at the moment in the office. My notebook encountered some problem around noon, it became slow and suddenly upon restarting it, I just cannot log into the network. How ironic isn't it? The IT guy even have some problems with his PC. Anyway, I couldn't do much work without my notebook (just shows how much I use it in my daily work), so I did some 5S on my very messy work area. I removed unwanted paper and documents, cleaned the area a bit and pray that it will remain in such pristine condition for many more months.

So at the moment, I'm waiting for the time to go home around 5 and at the same time, downloading some apps for my new gadget, Treo 600. It's a pda-phone manufactured by Handspring, which runs on Palm OS. My other colleagues like Pocket PC so much, even Am is contemplating to buy the latest product by O2, XDAII. I supppose we're all just PDA or gadget freaks and considering we're in Terengganu, we must be among the most high-tech people here. Hehehe, no insult to the locals, okay?

We all each had a session with the boss yesterday which he said is part of his coaching for all the staff. It was quite good for him to do that because we were to share our concerns and get feedback from his as our superior. He also doesn't mind for us to give comments on his performance because he intends to improve and become better. I kind of like it for the boss to be like that because we can just be open and speak our minds with him. Not many bosses are like that. The one I used to have is kind of intimidating and liked to treat and make us feel small. It's not conducive to a person. Maybe because he thinks he's cleverer than everyone else.

Anyway, it's another afternoon to laze around, not that I like to do it often because there's so much to be done. However, circumstances doesn't allow it so might as well make the most of it lah...