Friday, May 21, 2004

Trip to MTBE, Kuantan

For the second time in one week, I travelled with my boss, this time to MTBE, Kuantan which is another location which falls under the responsibility of my boss. At times, I do pity him because the new management had assigned him with quite a considerable heavy task. Looking after a huge area, encompassing about 10 companies which would have about 3000 thousand users. It's not an easy task and I do feel the uncertainty but I really want to see if all of us, a minority group, are able to pull this through. It's such a massive challenge and I don't regret the path that I had chosen. I suppose it gives me a chance to prove myself. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be handpicked to run a large corporation like Wahid (Telekom) and Che Khalib (TNB)? Hehehee, wishful thinking, I guess.
 
Anyway, the trip to MTBE wasn't as difficult I thought it's gonna be. We're supposed to collect data on the company's IT inventory but it turned out they've already done it. Somehow, someone lost the information and we had to dig it up again. Thankfully, the MTBE people were helpful enough and our main objective was achieved within a few minutes. We then proceeded to check out the data centres in the proximity. I have a feeling I'll be visiting those locations many times in the coming months!!
 
During the drive up and down, the boss and I talked on a variety of things. From the interesting (read: sex-filled) court cases to his old colleagues to how to strategise our approach in handling our new clients. He realised that he's no superman but I liked the way he's going to take things one at a time. I could sense his nervousness at taking up the big responsibility but I intend to give my best to ensure our success, as I'm sure Am and Wan will be doing so as well. I still remember the vision that our old setup had in EPEMSB, which is to be the best IT setup in the East Coast. I believe that vision still holds except that it is only left to a handful of us. Thay're many naysayers but I have moved on and it is time to look for the future and work our asses off.