Friday, May 21, 2004

Culture Shock

I do believe that my cousin, his wife and friends are experiencing some culture shock after being in Kerteh for 2 days. All the adjectives have been said, quiet, relaxed, small, no big shops, nothing happens on Friday etc. Kesian lah jugak but that is the reality of living in Kerteh. I guess the place just grew on myself over the years. It did got me to think about the time when I just touched down in Kerteh. Just the two of us with Reza, my old housemate. We moved houses a couple of times before settling down in Panalex housing area. I guess, we took things in our stride and did manage to last until now. I do feel at home nowadays, but I still bitch about the long traveling hours. I'll try to reassure my cousin because things can only get better, right?