Friday, May 28, 2004

Great News!

I got some great news from my ex-boss regarding my performance last year. It sure is gratifying to know that your hardwork and effort is recognised by the company even though I am not part of anymore, per se. Nevertheless, it did strengthen my point in deciding to join my current company, as I know that this is my calling. Hehehehe, not really lah but at least I hope to do something I can be good at. So this decision is, Insyallah, the correct one.

It's kind of interesting observing different type of people who are affected by the current transformation process. Some just want to be rebellious, some accepted the fact that change is inevitable and chose to either remain in the same field or move on to something different. Whatever it is, the reaction that you express kind of shows the type of person you are. I suppose people like myself who opted to join have experienced it all. The looks people give, the whispers, the jokes, dry comments, dissatisfaction about this and that. Maybe I am too young to really bother about all this and in the end, just want to go to work, do something I enjoy, regardless how challenging it might be and go back home to my family. We can have an impact on things we have power on. Can I stop the sun from rising in the East? Can I avoid what is going to happen from the 1st of June? Some people just need to get off their high horses and reflect on how they themselves can contribute and not just criticise or 'berlagak bagus'.