Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Feeling Kinda Sad

I was told by Adiknor that tonight Abah will be receiving a Gold Award by the Malaysian Board of Quantity Surveyors. Of course, I do feel proud of Abah's achievement. He has his own practice as a chartered quantity surveyor and had done considerably well along the years. This award is a recognition by his peers and he would've been happy to receive it. I'm just a bit sad that I was informed quite late about the whole event. I suppose being far away from home does result in news coming along this way a bit late. I guess I shouldn't feel bad about not being informed, but there's a tinge of sadness. I would've loved to be there to witness Abah receiving the award. Heard there's a even a slide show being shown during the dinner. I'm sure an introduction of his achievements and professional milestones would be read out before the award is announced.

Oh well, I guess we're just not destined to be there tonight. I've gone through this missed-out-opportunities many times, I suppose other people think I don't care about it anymore.

Congratulations Abah. We are so proud of you and do regret we can't be there to share it with the rest of the family.