Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Break in the middle of the week



One thing the expats in my company used to comment is that Malaysia is one of the countries in the world with the most public holidays. Tomorrow is a public holiday in Terengganu and some other states as well like Selangor, Pahang and Kedah, I think. It's to celebrate Nuzul Quran, which falls on 17 Ramadan, the day when the first verse of Quran was taught to the Prophet Muhammad by the the angel, Jibrail. Anyway, it is a break that is much needed even though I have only been working 3 days straight this week. :)

Today is Tuesday and I just LOVE Tuesday night. Why? Because on this night, every week, on AXN channel, at 9 pm, ALIAS comes on air. This series really kicks ass. For me, it is up there among the best series like The West Wing and 24. And Jennifer Garner is THE babe on TV at the moment, for me that is anyway.

A funny/frustrating thing happened today. A friend of mine is heading down to KL by air via the Kuantan airport. Since he's waiting for his brand new car to arrive straight from the factory, he hitches a ride to work this morning in my car, bringing his suitcase as well so that he can leave straight from the office. Just before he leaves the office on a taxi he came up to me to get his suitcase out of my boot. I gave him the car keys and then I sort of forgotten all about it because I had to go for a meeting. When it was time for me to go home, I suddenly realised the car keys are not with me. I gave my friend a call on his mobile and lo behold, he told me my car keys are on the way to Kuantan airport with him. I didn't know whether to be angry or to laugh. Anyway, I managed to get a ride on another friend's car and my car keys managed to find its way back to Kuantan via the taxi driver. So, it all ends well for everyone, except for my car which is stranded at my company's parking lot.

I'm not too angry with my friend because I had been in similar situations before, a few years ago. Don't want to elaborate much on my dark history, suffice to say it involves car keys, house keys and my father having to travel all the from KL to Terengganu.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes. Haziq looks so much better today. He doesn't cough as bad as yesterday and he rather enjoyed pinching parts of my face with his small cute hands. We will have more fun tomorrow since there's no work to go to in the morning!!!