Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Challenges of a 'Single' Mother

Awi seems to be having a bad day the past few days. Haziq has not been behaving himself. Always screaming, throwing things at his mother and the worst is kicking her sister. Looks like he's craving for attention. When Awi is feeding Hana, of course she cannot give much attention to Haziq and he seems not to be enjoying the 2nd class treatment. When I'm around at least I can also give some attention to him.

She doesn't sound so good over the phone and I think might be a bit depressed. There's not much that I can do in our current situation. I can only ask her to be patient and pray for my family wellbeing. Not sure how long she can handle this situation, if it doesn't get better. She might resort to taking unpaid leave or even quitting. But it is such a big loss to stop working, so that is a decision that needs to be thought of properly.

I do hate putting her in this situation and she is getting the worse deal. To her, this is the biggest challenge she has to undergo throughout our marriage so far. It's quite hard to give psychological support over the phone but the only consolation I can give her is that I'm relatively near and can at least travel to where she is within 5 hours. It's not like I'm half way around the world or something.