Monday, August 30, 2004

Haziq's First Steps

Haziq took his first steps a couple of days ago. He just recovered from a long bout of fever and suddenly when we coaxed him to walk, he took those steps unassisted. Quite exciting, I have to say. Aiyo, after this he'll be running all over the place, I'm sure I'll be out of breath catching up with him.

Tomorrow is a holiday, Malaysia's National Day. This year, the celebration will be held in Kuantan, the first time ever in an East Coast city. I don't think we'll be watching the procession live this year as well, have never been actually, it's always on the idiot box or most of time, I just missed it. I won't claim I'm a patriotic person but I love it's history and I want it to be a better place to live in for my son. I really want to ask those flag waving people if they really know how Independence come about and the sacrifice made by our forefathers. As usual, they showed Sarjan Hassan again last night, the same thing year in year out, at this time of the year. Really gets boring after a while, even the film quality has badly deteriorated.

Like most people, we'll just enjoy the mid-week break, catch the KLCC Merdeka concert on Astro Ria and go to sleep before we're supposed to wait at the side of the road when midnight comes to shout 'Merdeka' 7 times. Gawd, some of the stupid things politicians said.