Saturday, January 24, 2004

Long Relaxing Weekend

Today is the third and final day of the Chinese New Year long weekend. We didn't go anywhere far since we'll be driving to KL next weekend for the Hari Raya Haji, which by the way is another long weekend. I took the opportunity yesterday (Friday) to catch up with work at the office. Spent the whole day rectifying problems related to the new attendance system. There's still some teething problems which, contrary to what the boss hopes and wants, will always be present because of the way the system is designed. Nevertheless, the visit by Shahrina earlier of the week, helped a lot in teaching me how to solve some of those problems so hopefully, life won't be so bad after this. So, thanks a lot Shahrina even though you ran into some problems like getting lost in KT!!

The West Wing DVD I ordered also arrived earlier this week, all 22 eposides from season 1. I've watched 15 episodes in less than a week and I hate to tell you again and again, The West Wing series is one of the best thing shown on TV. I don't care it has US propaganda or Jewish sentiments. It's a story about people with power and how they handle the power. My favourite character is Josh Lyman (Bradley Whitford) the deputy chief of staff. I like the one where he bungled up a press conference when he accidentally confirmed the president has a secret plan to control inflation. Brilliant scriptwriting, just brilliant.

I also came upon another realisation of my current situation. I believe I would still be here, working in Kerteh, for at least another two years. Me and Awi talked it out and it just dawned on me that I need to make some concessions on my part as well. Nothing is concrete so far but based on the information in hand, it is likely that I'm going to stay put for a few more years here.