Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Celebrate, good times....come on!!

Let us all sing to the tune of a song I believe to be by Lionel Richie. Hehehe, not that we're partying our socks of in 'Islamic state' of Terengganu but the weather is fairly good and we had our Jamuan Hari Raya at the company today. Seriously, the weather is so like good old London in the past few days except that the rain makes you wet. I'm not kidding you, the rain in London doesn't wet you. I've walked in the rain from my apartment to college which is a good 45 minutes walk and I won't get drenched like I would over here if exposed for just one minute. Someone should do a study of this peculiar phenomenon.

Anyway, it was a rather good affair. I had to become the 'bidan terjun' MC for the event but I suppose I managed to pull it off rather well except that I wasn't properly dressed for the event. Should've worn my baju melayu but it was a last minute thing and I couldn't be bothered to drive all the way to the house to get it. Food was nice, of course. A variety of food which fits the occassion; nasi minyak, lemang, satay and rendang. I'm sure everyone had a good time stuffing themselves to the max. I know a few people at our table who did!!

The whole gang in the department is in today with Am back from his looooooong break. He has so much leave and I'm left with none, nothing, zippy doo dah. Usually, I can carry forward a few days to next year but not this time. You see, I took a lot of leave when Awi was giving birth to Haziq. It's not that I'm complaining but I'm a teeny weeny bit jealous of Am because he has so much leave!!!

Nevertheless, it's good that everyone's (except for this one Sarawakian!!) back here. all safe and sound, raring to work and hopefully at the same time, have fun. We need to enjoy our work and in this God-foresaken place, what else is there to do?