Friday, November 07, 2003

A start

People say, the first step is always the difficult one to make. Starting a new job, moving to a new house or even starting a blog. There's always a lot of 'little, little' stuff to do and it's such a hassle. But a man gotta do what a man gotta do. For me, it is to start my own weblog. I'm not really sure what my own personal motives are in doing so, perhaps because I used to have my own electronic diary I kept in my laptop, way back in the university days. Or, I just like to ramble on my own and this is the best way to do so, and maybe share it with someone.

I've frequented other weblogs, there are some interesting ones kept by some colleagues of mine, such as Maria's and Aizuddin's. The thought did pass through my mind to start one of my own but what the hell am I going to write about? So, while I was staring intently at my four and half month's old son, Haziq, it all became clear to me. I would like to share this experience, among other things with friends or whomever should stumble on this weblog. The experience of becoming a Young Father.

Haziq came into our lives, me and my wife, Awi on the evening of 15th June 2003. Time of birth was 1913 or 7.13 pm. He was induced because according to the doctor, the amniotic fluid surrouding the baby was decreasing so it is best to induce him when he's about 2 weeks before his due date. Supposedly that is the earliest date for a baby to be born, if not via normal delivery. When Haziq came out, the labour nurse took him for cleaning and I followed to ensure she doesn't accidentally exchanged Haziq with some other baby. He was cleaned up and then performed the Muslim rite of reciting the 'azan' and 'qamat' in his right and left ear.

Funny really when I recalled that memorable night. I was so excited at becoming a father, I carried haziq all around the labour ward, even having time to show him off to my brothers and younger sister. He was barely half an hour in this world!! Awi was actually going through some bad moments inside the delivery room. She lost a lot of blood and her blood pressure was decreasing by the minute. Thankfully for the experienced doctor and nurses, she was stabilised and everything ended well.

Fatherhood came quite early to me, I was about 26 years and 6 months old when Haziq was born. We got married when I was 25. We are working in Kerteh, Terengganu and young married couples are not rare here. Maybe the fresh or lack of entertainment prompted people to get married early. To me, I suppose it is fate. What God has decided, whether you like it or not, will just happen.

I would like to share this experience and also other things happening in my life, so this blog shall be the medium to do so.

More later, once I've learnt how to use this blogger. Now, it's time to take that first step.